Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Bachelor

Oksana was sleeping in the bed with me last night as I flipped through the TV stations. I stopped at "the Bachelor", which is a bad train wreck, but you just have to stop. The girls were all greeting the guy dolled up in formal wear, when I hear, mommy did you see that blue dress! I look over and she is awake and watching the TV. Then she commented as each girl got out of the limo and started to ask lots of questions:

"Is he a Prince?"
"Are they going to get married?"
"Why do they all keep thanking him?"

I sort of explained the premise and told her to go back to sleep, but she was like I want to see it and she was so excited!

I thought this episode is probably pretty tame, so why not.

When he gave the rose to the first girl, she turned to me and said, "So daddy gave you a rose too and that is how you got married?"

Well, not exactly, I told her.

Then as he gave all the roses out she said, "He is going to marry a lot of girls! He will need lots of money!"

No comments: