Friday, October 28, 2011

Pre-teenisms

I got the first glimpse of Middle School hormone angst today.

A note addressed to Vitaly from a girl.

Alarms went right off.   I am always worried about him being bullied.  He is in the Special Needs classroom so it might be very funny to some pre-teen girls to pick on him.  What an easy way to prank him but to write a note and have him think someone "likes" him.

The note went something (remotely) like this:

To Vitaly
From (name)

Do you think I am beautiful or pretty?
If you are going to be my boyfriend are you going to hold my hand?
I hope you think I am pretty and not fat if you think I am fat then that would make me sad.
Write me.
name

Alarms!!!  Really does my autistic spectrum/PDD/FAE child even understand what it means to "like" someone in such a way?  Sure he knows what a girlfriend is but he doesn't know what a "girlfriend" really means.  Two completely different things to him.

So I had a mini meeting with dad.  He read it.  Seemed a bit concerned.

We asked Vitaly about it and he got very embarassed as he grabbed the note and ran (and then hid the note)

Yes, he said he did write her back and told her, "Football is number one and Go Packers!" I guess that is a twelve year old boy for you. 

Not sure if I am ready for this pre-teen world!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh, I am so not ready either. Good luck with all of that....