Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Extraction

Well I have decided I have found something to add to my list of least favorite experiences which have included:

Seeing a big spider on the couch
Losing a nail
Getting jalapeno juice in my eye
Major turbulence on a plane
“Picking up” after the dogs
Riding anything that spins around

And the list goes on…

Today, I am adding tooth extraction!

Nothing as fun and exciting as having a Dentist tugging, and pulling on your front tooth, while you lay there looking at the bright light and thinking…please just don’t let me hear it crack…please just don’t let me hear the tearing!!

Fun to be had by all!!!

It all began after my front tooth was chipped at the age of nine while:

Falling down while roller skating

Then around ten:

Being hit in the mouth by a bad kid throwing rocks at school,

Then around the age of twelve:

Hitting my same tooth at the bottom of a swimming pool,

Then capped for the next thirty years…

And now, I have a permanent shiny white new tooth (bridge) at the age of 41!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh, don't talk to me about teeth. I have been putting off getting all the dental work I need done. Luckily, my front teeth are all fine, but my back ones are horrible. I'm also very sqeamish about getting teeth pulled and thinking that I hope I don't hear it!!!!!