Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Summers End

As summer came to a close, Vitaly was granted the little boy rite of passage known as Mowing the Lawn!
He was allowed to mow with a push mower!!! How excited was V? Well, he talked about it for days!
While V was busy beautifying the yard, the virtual wonder twins were up to their silly antics! Who knows what promise they made but I guarantee it is probably being up to NO good and involves a prank!

(disclaimer (in case anyone wonders) this is not a "real" kiss they were just teasing each other.)
Drumroll...
And now for mommy's summer pride! I had purchased a four pack of sad looking pepper plants for a quarter from a church yard sale. I planted them in a cute mexican style pot, and put them on my front porch ...

I have a beautiful large pepper! My plant now has three more peppers coming, but I feel bad to pick them!
I guess I will make some stuffed peppers, store some of the seeds and replant them next year!

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

precious pics! I am glad Vitaly is still smiling after mowing the lawn. R wanted this rite of passage and after one time decided she would rather not do it again...

The Warchols said...

I just had to comment about the brussel sprout post, I was laughing so hard. I like that fact that Larry was sure not to make eye contact with them. You had me in stiches I was laughing so hard. Next time you have them for dinner, give us a call. Lana and I LOVE them, with lots of butte and a little bit of salt! they are known as baby cabbage in our house!
Glad to see the V likes to cut the lawn too, hopefully that lasts for years to come. I hated it as a kid! and I hope N heals up quickly and with little pain! (((hugs))) to everyone.