Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Broken Resolutions

I can’t believe it is the second week of January, and I have broken my three big resolutions:

1. Get back into Weight Watchers eating mode (I quit in November after losing 15 pounds)

2. Exercise at least four days per week. This included walking the dogs. Larry seems to have taken over this duty and has been walking 2.5-3 miles a night with them. So, why do I need to bother?

3. No yelling. Calm and collective discussions with children about things like bedtime, picking up one’s room, getting ready for school, playing fair, no back talk, etc…
This one I probably broke the first day.

So I am extending the start date to Monday, January 19. It is a holiday for me. I will have no reason not to on that date: Get to the gym, sign up with weight watchers, and create a no-no/yes-yes board for three crazy kiddos!

3 comments:

Jane said...

We must have ESP (again). I was just trying to think of one I haven't broken. I made 10 of them & I think they all went by the wayside. Won't you have the kids at home on MLK? How will you keep #3 then?

Courtney said...

Hey Leanna! On your other blog, you can add us in to the waiting to travel section. ;) We've got our 171H and should have our dossier to UA in the next couple of weeks!!

The Warchols said...

OMG! diet, excerise and no yelling....all of my exact broken resolutions too! at least I feel better that I am not alone. I also made myself the promise to start the 19th, but then again last week I made a promise to myself to start on the 12th. HHMMM that didn't quite happen. Maybe we should become motivation buddies? regarding the wagon...grampie went a little crazy with buying it and I personally thought it was ridiculous in its price but he paid $200 and his words were "you don't want me to buy some junky metal wagon that will fall apart after a couple kids and have Jason end up using it for lawn work" seems he knew just what he was talking about :)