Friday, May 8, 2009

And so it begins..

And so it begins…

Yesterday, Vitaly took a major step in growing up. He went on his first school overnight.
The third graders from his school headed to Columbus, to spend the day and night, at COSI http://www.cosi.org/. He badly wanted me to go as a chaperone, but I wanted him to take that big step on his own.

When I was Vitaly’s age, I fondly remember spending the night, at COSI, too. (Although, when I was a child it was a different museum, for those oldies like me).

I have great memories of meeting many other children, eating our special meals, sleeping on the floor, and bringing home a:

1. Peanut plant (that actually grew a peanut later)
2. Hermit Crab (Bet my mom was ecstatic about that! I truly doubt they give these away anymore)

Vitaly’s group had such a big day and night planned. There was a dance party scheduled for 11:00 PM! Those poor chaperones that went with them! I can’t even imagine hundreds of third graders on the move that late at night. When he was in the car I told him they were having a dance and he might be dancing with a girl! The look on his face was priceless.

I hope he had a great time, and maybe, even got to dance!

No comments: