Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

Christmas came and went in the regular traditional fashion with church, Santa, too many presents and too much food, with the laughter of family and friends, and tired overloaded children.

Before we knew it, New Year's Eve was upon us, but we were all tucked quietly in bed, as 2009 ticked down and 2010 came to be.

2010. It sounds so futuristic- just like a movie title back in the 1980's.

I personally have decided to make it my reality, and run with the prospects of a new year and the amazing new things it will hold.

My first plan of action is health. Although I do not talk of it, my health has not been as good as it should be and I completely blame myself. Sure I am ready to finally lose those extra pounds, but there are other conditions too. I am determined they will get better first and foremost.

My second plan of action is family. Although I would like to be the smiling mom with the perfect children, it is not reality. Nope. Not even close. Instead, we as a family will strive to respect, love and do our chores! We will not yell, fight or leave our dirty clothes on the floor!

My third plan of action is faith and friends. I will take a mmoment each day to pray/meditate and keep in touch with those I love.

My fourth plan of action is to plan. I have a lot of planning to do...vacations, finances, futures, etc...

My fifth plan is to soar. Seize the day. Go with the flow and maybe make some waves!

Welcome 2010!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I need to work on my health too. Unfortunately, I have already broken the "no yelling" resolution

Martinfamily4 said...

What no yelling - how will I communicate to my kids? :) Happy New Year - just letting you know I read your blog weekly and never comment...sorry...