Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nikolai's Story

Found!

We have located the bio relatives of Nikolai. Again for my child's private information, I will not share the complete story. It has lots of loss and tragedy, and unfortunately his mother was deceased at a young age. The searcher was able to locate the Aunt of Nikolai (I was told it was very emotional for her). He has a bio grandmother, and two brothers who have been adopted in Spain.
The most informative information we learned was his ethnic background. We had wondered this for a long time!
Here is a picture
It is of his Aunt (Left) and her Sister in Law (they are smiling too :)

Here is his Aunt again



Here is the village church



Here is the village




I am so relieved we did the search. It brings closure. Now, I plan on trying to locate the brothers!

4 comments:

Living Life with Sophia said...

This is wonderful. Such a gift to your children.

Anonymous said...

Try with a message in the spanish forum of adoption in Ukraine.
The link
http://boards1.melodysoft.com/app?ID=AdopcionenUcrania

Nataliya said...

Unbelievable! You must be so excited!

Leslie said...

Hey! We've been so busy since returning from Ukraine with Kristina, that I haven't visited my favorite blogs in awhile. I was so excited to read this update about findinf Nikolai's history. We too are hoping to get some background info on Kristina, can you email me info on who you used, contact info, and the costs???
lesliemlandrum@yahoo.com