Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools

April1:

As we were getting ready to leave Nikolai ran out the door and yells, “Happy Birthday Mommy!”

Then Oksana follows him out and shouts, “Happy Birthday!”

What? I am confused.

So, once we were in the car I say, why did you wish me a happy birthday?
Nikolai says because March is over and it is May, and your birthday is in May.
Oksana agrees with this analysis.

Then I say, no you sillies, it is April first which is April Fool’s Day. I thought you had played an April Fool’s joke on me, when you said Happy Birthday.

Then I hear, “Mom there is a bug in your hair!.....April Fool’s.” Of course these little jokes go on and on.

Well, this morning as I am driving to the sitter’s Oksana says, “Mommy, you have a ballerina on your head…April Fool’s!”

Then Nikolai responds, “It’s not April Fool’s Day that was yesterday. Today is April second, and that doesn’t make any sense for her to have a ballerina on her head!”

Can’t wait to see what jokes next year brings!

No comments: