Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rite of Passage

Last night I found Vitaly deep in thought, lying on my bed, looking at a magazine.

In front of him was the JC Penney circular.

He was staring at the women in the… lingerie.

Actually, to be more specific they were all in their bras.

He looked at me and said he thought they were very pretty, and he wished they were his girlfriends.

I told his dad, who seemed a bit embarrassed himself.

I guess it is one small rite of passage for a little boy, admiring the lingerie girls in the catalogs.

It is probably a good thing we don’t have the old National Geographic’s, in the house. You know the one’s. The same Nat Geo’s that seemed to enthrall my brothers for hours, when they were Vitaly’s age!

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

WOW! You handled that really well. I am laughing though at your hubby's response!