Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reconstructive Surgery

Oksana was admitted to Shriner's last Wednesday for a plastic revision to her nose and lip. The Physician told us he had to take the "whole thing apart" and put it back together but she really needed it. He told me that she will look different now- which made me sort of sad because I thought she was beautiful just the way she was. Hopefully this will help her nose; and she won't have so many sinus infections once it is opened larger.

We talked about what to tell everyone. I was worried she would not know how to explain her bruised face, stiched lip-nose and bandaged nose, with globs of dried blood, and a major shiner!

Instead of explaining she had cleft, I told her to tell them she had surgery to repair a boo-boo.

This has really helped because so far everyone thinks that:

A. She fell off her bike
B. She got hit by a baseball/soccerball, etc...

Two more weeks and we will see the new Oksana!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I can't wait to see the new Oksana. She is beautiful no matter what she looks like. I'm sure she can come up with some spectacular stories that can get her a lot of sympathy (I would!)......

Annie said...

Oh, that would be disturbing! I love every tiny thing about my sweethearts.... But, I'm sure that it is really the inner Oksana you love and soon that will be reflected in the "new look".