Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

How to wake sleeping children very fast…

EARTHQUAKE!

This morning around 5:30 am, I was just getting up, when I heard what sounded like cans rolling down the street (it was the recycle bins on the curbs for trash day).

Next thing I know, Vitaly comes screaming into the room that his bed was shaking.
Nikolai follows him and even Oksana leaves her crib too!

Then Larry comes out of the bathroom and said, I think we just had an earthquake.

A 5.4 earthquake in Illinois, three miles under the earth, and 300 miles away was felt in our home! It is not common in Ohio.

Interesting trivia fact: The San Francisco Earthquake of 1908, occurred on this same date in history.

We just had a 4.5 aftershock. While I was sitting at my desk, and working quietly on a project, the items on my book case started moving. Freaky!

No comments: