Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ouch

Note to all: Do not attempt to show your children you remember how to skateboard past 40!

Saturday, I took one step onto the skateboard kicked and flew immediately off and onto my right tricep and head. Right onto the sidewalk. Nikolai came running over and was really scared I was badly hurt. Luckily, I did not break anything. but I think I bruised my inner muscles pretty bad. Today, I can still barely lift my arm.

At least a lesson was learned by the kids: Wear your helmets and pads.

Skateboard: 1
Mom: 0

3 comments:

Nataliya said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Sam Sylar said...

After you feel better, see if you can still do a cartwheel. Last time I tried it, I felt like my arm had just been jettisoned through my shoulder and into my body-very unpleasant

ArtworkByRuth said...

CODE ORANGE! Now that the pain reliever has kicked in,I suppose a lecture post-fact is useless, but "Try to be more careful next time!" LOL! There is a reason God adds to our padding as we get older :)-